20 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I was a little boy! – Words to Live by
By Pastor Lonnie G. McCowan
Do you know why some people seem to ‘have it easy’ While others always seem to struggle through life? It’s taken me a while to find the answer to this question… and I’m happy to say I’ve Found It…The answer is: It’s because the people that seem to ‘have it easy’ have done the HARD work, gone through the hard times…and are now enjoying the fruits of their labor. Look… EVERYONE goes through Struggle.
EVERYONE goes through pain EVERYONE goes through dark times. But you know what? there is ALWAYS Light at the end of the tunnel. Darkness doesn’t last forever – just look at Planet Earth! After darkness comes light, the light will always find its way through! An arrow can’t go forward and hit its GOAL until it has been PULLED BACK.
So if you’re reading this and you’re not where you want to be in life or you’re struggling in some part of your life right now…KEEP THE FAITH THAT YOU WILL MAKE IT
Because you will. In all of my 25 plus years of fulltime ministry The BEST piece of advice I can give you is simply this… FOCUS. FOCUS.FOCUS.
There are so many things you can do to be successful but you know what? If you try and do ALL the different things… your success probably won’t ever happen. Instead, what you have to do is FOCUS ON ONE THING. The great apostle Paul said: Philippians 3:13 “No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, THAT my friend is how you become (and more importantly STAY) successful. You must understand that your current circumstances do not determine where you end up. They merely determine where you start If you’re going through hell right now — KEEP GOING THAT’S NOT A GOOD PLACE TO STOP! People like me are here to help you get what you want and inspire you to never give up on your dream. Here are 20 things I wish someone had told me when I was a little boy.
1. Everyone will not understand you … so stop trying to explain yourself. Keep your vision… and move forward!
2. Everyone will not like you … so stop trying to be popular.
3. You don’t have to be the person who actually solves every problem. Admit you are not the smartest person, and let your experts be your experts.
4. Spend way more time talking about who you are rather than who you are not.
5. A leader is always an easy target because they are… a leader. So, get over yourself and get on with what God called you to do!
6. When the Holy Spirit presses something into your heart … don’t ignore Him.
7. Do not expect God’s next step to make sense.
8. You can’t plan a move of God … but you must be prepared for one!
9. Do not resist something just because you do not understand it!
10. People who say you “are not deep enough” are obsessed with information but have no desire to live out transformation.
11. You don’t need to listen to everybody … but you had better be listening to somebody because God didn’t ask you to take this journey alone.
12. Never apologize for asking people to commit to something. Jesus didn’t!
13. The church has been underachieving for way too long … so dream big and don’t apologize for it.
14. There will be days when you want to quit. Don’t. Jesus didn’t!
15. The Gospel Changes Lives… PREACH Every Sermon Like It’s Your Last!!!
16. Don’t get upset at your haters they help inspire you not to quit.
17. People who talk about you are jealous of you…Because you remind them of what they are not doing with their life.
18. Never listen to criticism from people who are not doing at least as much or more than what you’re doing with your life.
19. You only truly have one mother love her with passion, and as she gets older let her win all of the arguments, because one day, she will be gone…and no other person can replace her.
20. Real wealth is the stuff that money cannot buy… Love, joy, freedom, health, laughter.
Hear Pastor Lonnie each Sunday at 6am on KEYT Ch. 3 (ABC Affiliate) also come hear Pastor Lonnie live at the Miracle Center 5105 Walker St Ventura Ca, www.miraclecenterventura.com(805)644-7722 .firstname.lastname@example.org
Lonnie G. McCowan is pastor at The Miracle Center of Ventura, in Ventura, CA. He can be contacted through email at email@example.com or by visiting www.miraclecenterventura.com.