Being respected has a longer shelf-life than being popular. – Words to Live by
By Pastor Lonnie G. McCowan
Recognize what’s right in front of your face. Look in the mirror and face the music. People treat you how you teach them to treat you. Remember, what you radiate, you resonate and then you attract it back into your life. The cards you are dealt in life are your responsibility. Replace compensating for weaknesses with capitalizing on your strengths. Do what you do well often and recover quickly from setbacks. Decide to be respected and draw a line in the sand. Trust your judgment, deliver tough love and grow that backbone. Being respected has a longer shelf-life than being popular. These five keys will help you raise your standards and build your character!
Key#1 Get fear out of your life! When you make the decision to release fear, indecision and procrastination out of your life, you will experience earth shattering results. Say it out loud? FEAR GET OUT OF MY LIFE! Scream it at the top of your lungs and say it every day, this will help release the enemy of fear out of your life forever. If your past is holding you back, then reach down and take off the shackles that are holding you back to your past. Do it! Take those shackles off your mind right now and release your negative past that is holding you back from success. If you think it’s silly to shout out loud or physically do something outside of your comfort zone to release something in your life that is holding you back, then you don’t want it bad enough! That’s right. I said it. You don’t want to be free bad enough if you can’t release yourself from the enemy of fear, doubt, procrastination or even your past.
Key #2 Know the TRUTH about You. “You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.” “If you don’t know the truth you will not be free.” I only receive the truth about myself and you should too. People try to tell us their side of the truth all the time through their opinions, and even their lies but it’s important to focus on the truth that you know about yourself and not what someone else thinks. Remember, the center of the word truth is “U”. You must believe in yourself and associate with other champions that know the real truth about you.
Key #3 Never stop Building you. I am consistently building my belief structure with my “rollover” principle every morning when you roll out of bed, you roll right into the present. The past is gone. The present is today. Get up and open that present with great expectation for the first few minutes of your day pray and say what you are thankful for out loud…right when you get out of bed this will predict the rest of your day. But you can’t just do it one day. You have to do it consistently every single day.
Key #4 Habits are the secret to success or failure without a doubt your habits will predict your level of success in life! I have seen in thousands of times in my life and the lives of people I help. If your habits consist of hanging out with naysayers, drinking at the local bar every night and watching garbage television, then how can you expect to achieve your goals in life? 97% of people are dead or dead broke by the age of 65. Why? Their habits took complete control of their lives. What about the other 3%? We are the champions that realized that our daily habits will determine if we achieve our goals and dreams.
Key #5 Hang around the right people, you should love everybody but you should not hang out with everybody, this even goes for some of your family members. Who you spend most of your time with is who you are becoming …Get away from negative people. It doesn’t matter who they are if there negative toxic people they will destroy you. Hang-out with people that want more with their life that want to make a difference in this world. Everybody around you can’t handle the next level you are about to go. They will become angry at you because you remind them of what they want to do but are too afraid to do it.
Hear Pastor Lonnie each Sunday at 6am on KEYT Ch. 3 (ABC Affiliate) also come hear Pastor Lonnie live at the Miracle Center 5105 Walker St Ventura Ca,www.miraclecenterventura.com (805)644-7722. email@example.com
Lonnie G. McCowan is pastor at The Miracle Center of Ventura, in Ventura, CA. He can be contacted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visitingwww.miraclecenterventura.com.