Twin Brothers Die Simultaneously from Drug Overdose
Twin brothers, John and Eugene Meek, both 25 years of age and from Chicago, were recently found dead from an apparent drug overdose. Their bodies were found with spoons and needles nearby.
A friend went by to check on the pair after they were missing for 2-3 days, and found them in their home both unresponsive. He called police, and shortly after, the two were pronounced dead. According to the family, the two brothers “did everything together,” and sadly they have also died together as a result of drug abuse.
Despite their battle with drug addiction, the twins were quite accomplished. John attended culinary school, and Eugene was a phone technician. Janice Harty, their aunt, said that the twins were good men, and respectful toward others. They also both loved bowling and golf.
“They tried very hard,” she told the Chicago Tribune.“It just was a very difficult battle to win. They just expressed a lot of interest in being happy and healthy.”