Recipients of United Way’s Community Partnership Awards Announced
The United Way of Ventura County is pleased to announce the women, men and organizations that will receive special recognition for outstanding community service at its ninth annual “Spirit of Community Partnership” Awards Luncheon on Thursday, September 19, 2013, 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Serra Center, 5205 Upland Road, in Camarillo. The community is invited to attend and help celebrate United Way’s 68th year of service to Ventura County residents.
The following will be honored at the luncheon:
- Michael Silacci will receive the Milton M. Teague Award in recognition of his Outstanding Community Volunteerism and support of the United Way. Silacci is a member of the United Way Board of Directors and serves as its Treasurer. He is also Chair of the United Way’s Finance Committee. Silacci is the Executive Director, External Affairs, of AT&T California.
- Dr. Mark Lisagor will receive the Douglas Shively Award for his Outstanding Community Impact support throughout Ventura County. In collaboration with the United Way of Ventura County and other key stakeholders, Dr. Lisagor, a retired dentist, spearheaded the Children’s Oral Health Program, a groundbreaking countywide collaborative to raise awareness about the importance of pediatric oral health and to increase pediatric dental access.
- Aera Energy, LLC will receive the Roy Pinkerton Award for Top Corporate Support. Located in Ventura, Aera Energy and its employees are actively involved in the local community through its employee giving campaign, volunteerism, and sponsorship of various United Way events.
- The Homeless 2 Home Project will be recognized with the Chairman’s Award for its Outstanding Community Impact Partnership. H2H is a collaborative of Project Understanding, the Turning Point Foundation, and the Salvation Army. Through this program, case workers reach out the chronically homeless in the community, weaving together a tapestry of support (physical, mental, financial, personal and familial), with the ultimate goal of finding housing for each client.
- Heidi Hansen will receive the United Women’s Leadership Council’s Turning Compassion into Action Award for her outstanding dedication to help resolve foster care emancipation issues in our community through collective financial and leadership power. As a member of the UWLC since 2011, Hansen currently chairs the council’s Fundraising and Membership Committee which organizes events including the Girls’ Night Out fundraiser. Hansen is the Store Administrator for Nordstrom at The Oaks.
- Heather Hanna will receive the United Way’s Young Leaders Society’s Youth Empowerment Award for her outstanding commitment and involvement to help empower young people in civic engagement. Hanna is the YLS liaison to the United Way Board of Directors and is the current Marketing Chair for the group. Hanna has been involved in the YLS Youth Empowerment Summit, Fun in the Sun and the Books Bonanza program. She is a Resource Development Coordinator for First 5 Ventura County.
United Way will also honor its top ten corporate partners with the Spirit of Community Partnership Awards. The 2013 recipients are: Bank of America, County of Ventura, Enterprise Rent-A Car, ExxonMobil, Kaiser Permanente, P&G Paper Products Company, Target, United Parcel Service, WellPoint and Wells Fargo.
Supported by Premier Sponsor Wells Fargo, Platinum Sponsors Dole Food Company and William J. Kearney/Merrill Lynch, along with dozens of other community partners, the “Spirit of Community Partnership” Awards Luncheon will be co-hosted by United Way Board Chair Darren Kettle and Vice Chair Leonard Greenlee. Kettle is the Executive Director of the Ventura County Transportation Commission; Greenlee is the Director of Facilities Management at Baxter Healthcare Corporation.
The ticket cost is $60 per person and includes lunch. To purchase by credit card, please visit www.vcunitedway.org or mail a check to: United Way of Ventura County, 4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Suite E Camarillo, CA 93012 Attn: Spirit Luncheon. For additional information, please call (805) 485-6288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.