SCE Tips to Conserve Energy
With the summer heat bearing down on us, Southern California Edison (SCE) wants to share information with customers that will not only help keep them cool, but also conserve energy and reduce utility bills. SCE has various tips posted on its Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram accounts to assist customers.
The following are summer readiness tips:
- Set the thermostat to 78 degrees or above and use fans to make a room feel at least 5 degrees cooler.
- Draw drapes during the hottest part of the day.
- Use LED and CFL lightbulbs to keep bills lower and create less heat than old, inefficient incandescent bulbs in the home.
- Give your appliances the afternoon off. Use your dishwasher, washer and dryer and other appliances after 6 p.m.
- Keep your home cooler when cooking by grilling outdoors or using the microwave.
- Avoid using evaporative coolers or humidifiers when an air conditioner is running.